I’ve always been a dark meat kind of gal but this Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach Stuff’d Breast is so good that I converted to the light side! My first misconception: Chicken breast is dry – that’s why I hated it. After some time in the kitchen, I found out that chicken breast is dry when overcooked. Now, I’ve learned how to cook chicken breast correctly to combat the dryness. Therefore, I no longer hate it. Simple sequence of events that successfully got me to appreciate white meat, and I’m willing to share my secrets!
In this segment of the #QuarantineChronicles, I’ll fill you in on how to get juicy, flavorful chicken breast using ingredients I already had in the fridge. In addition, I will offer substitutions or different flavor combinations to help reduce the trips you need to take to the grocery store. Together, let’s prove that we can flatten the curve and still eat delicious meals!
Before we get started, here are some #Nganstopfacts about chicken breast:
- There are 31 grams of protein in 100g of chicken breast, and only 1 gram of fat. When calculating my macros, I need to eat a higher protein and lower fat diet. Eating chicken breast helps me meet my protein percentage while keeping my fat percentage low – this gives me space to load up on the things that really matter: XXXTra Hot Cheetos!!
- To keep chicken breasts from overcooking and drying out, cook at a higher temperature for a lesser amount of time. Most of the time I cook chicken breasts at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes depending on the size. This seals in the moisture and gets food on your plate – it’s a win-win!
- #TSA Approved?: Chicken breast is not a liquid and will pass through TSA screening. If packing food for a trip, remember that using a clear tupperwear or container will get you through screening faster! Cut up your chicken ahead of time to make it easy to fork in the airport or on the plane later. * Note: when making this recipe – the sauce is a liquid and will only be allowed through security if it is less than 3 oz.
Sun-dried Tomatoes and Spinach Stuff’d Chicken with Cream Sauce
Description: Seasoned chicken breast stuffed with cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach lathered in an oat-milk cream sauce. The sauce is vegan while the chicken is .. obviously not.
Serving Size: 3
I N G R E D I E N T S:
For Stuffed Chicken:
- 2 Chicken Breast
- ¼ Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes (divided)
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
For Cream Sauce:
- 1½ Cup Oat Milk (I used Oatly Full Fat)
- ¼ Cup Diced Onions
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ¼ Cup Cherry Tomatoes Cut in Half
- Splash of white wine
- ¼ Tsp Paprika
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste
T O O L S:
- Air fryer: if you don’t have one, oven will be fine
- Meat tenderizer: if you don’t have one, any heavy object with a handle will do. I used a large wooden pestle.
I N S T R U C T I O N S:
- Take your chicken breasts and slice them in half hamburger style. To make sure that the breasts cook evenly, pound out each side so that they are even in width. I like to put a piece of saran wrap over the chicken for sanitary reasons. *Note: If using an oven, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once breasts are even in thickness, layer one side with: mozzarella cheese, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and then more cheese. Fold the flap over and seal the opening with toothpicks. Leftover sun-dried tomatoes and spinach can be used in the sauce.
- After both chicken breasts are stuffed, coat the outside with oil. Then sprinkle on Italian seasoning, paprika, pepper, and a pinch of salt. The coat of oil will make it easier for the seasoning to stick on the chicken.
- Put both chicken breasts in the air fryer or oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Check after the initial 15 minutes and add time in 5-minutes increments.
- While chicken is cooking, spray a sauce pan with some oil and cook the onions, garlic, and leftover sun-dried tomatoes until fragrant. Add in the cherry tomatoes and allow to cook for two minutes until tomatoes are wilted. Pour in the wine and let the liquid reduce.
- Once the wine has reduced, add in the oat milk, paprika, pepper, a pinch of salt and cook until the flavors combine – 3 minutes. Add more salt if needed.
- Add in any leftover spinach and let the sauce thicken a little.
- Once chicken is cooked, mix with cream sauce. Enjoy your meal with rice, pasta, veggies or even by itself! Happy Quarantine!
S U B S T I T U T I O N S:
- If you do not have sun-dried tomatoes or spinach, substitute with:
- Ham, Turkey or Salami slices
- If you do not have shredded mozzarella cheese, you can try the following:
- Any other kind of shredded cheese
- Any kind of sliced cheese or feta cheese
- Cream Cheese and Greek yogurt mixture
- Greek Yogurt mixed with seasoning and nutritional yeast
- Feel free to utilize your favorite or whatever seasoning you have in your pantry to season the chicken.
- Omit the wine if you don’t have readily available.
- Regular tomatoes or canned tomatoes can be used instead of cherry tomatoes
- Oat Milk can be sub with regular milk or any nut milk. If you do not have ingredients for the sauce the chicken tastes great on its own!
9 thoughts on “STUFF’D CHICKEN BREAST”
cialis from usa pharmacy
lasix for dog without prescription
buy cialis online cheap
buy cialis non prescription
viagra cost https://viagrabng.online/# viagra 100mg price
best place to buy viagra online: viagra – where to buy viagra online
best place to buy viagra online: cost of viagra – viagra discount
ed pills online pharmacy express – pharmaceutical online ordering
buy cialis professional
Comments are closed.