Wow – I haven’t found my way back here in a long time; which means the recipe I post after this hiatus must be a good one! This is mine (and most of my friend’s) all time favorite Bruschetta Recipe. There is a killer secret ingredient – shared with me by a former-manager-turned-friend – that ties it all together. The dish is simple but oh so flavorful! I even debuted my cooking demo at work with this recipe to really reel in the audience and keep them tuning in. I assure you this one will always be requested at potlucks and will always be a crowd pleaser.
I N G R E D I E N T S :
• 10 oz container of Cherry Tomatoes, Grape Tomatoes, or Tomato Medley
• ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes
• ¼ cup Olive Oil
• 6+ Cloves of Garlic, Minced
• 1 – 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
• ¼ – ½ tsp Salt
• Sprinkle of Black Pepper
• 8-10 Basil Leaves
• Optional: ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
• Optional: Sprinkle of Chili Flakes
• Baguette or Brioche Toast
I N S T R U C T I O N S :
- Cut your up your tomatoes into quarters and add to mixing bowl.
- Mince the sun-dried tomatoes and add to mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic and add to saucepan along with olive oil. If you want to add Italian seasoning now would be the time. Heat up oil on medium high heat and infuse the garlic flavors – take off heat as garlic becomes fragrant and golden (not brown/burnt!).
- Or: add minced garlic, oil, and Italian seasoning to a microwave safe bowl and put in microwave for 30 seconds at a time – checking to see when all the flavors have infused.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of garlic oil and garlic bits into the bowl of tomatoes and mix together to combine. Reserve the remaining oil.
- Add in 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp of salt, a couple dash of black pepper into your mixing bowl and combine. Taste and continue to add more balsamic/salt based on your preference.
- Cut up the basil and sprinkle it into the mixture. Combine, taste test and leave aside to marinate.
- Cut up your baguette into ¼ inch thick slices, diagonally. Spoon some of the garlic oil mixture onto each slice. Toast to your liking.
- Top the bread slices with your bruschetta and enjoy!
- Don’t be afraid to make this your own, add in Mozzarella or even top a salad with this mix and some burrata cheese
- Leaving this overnight really pulls all the flavors together to make it *chef’s kiss*